I’m Nazish Dholakia, a recent Northwestern graduate with a passion for writing that often morphs into a compulsion. This blog chronicles my own revelations during time spent in East and southern Africa, where I’ve written stories on social justice and humanitarian issues. I am a couch-potato-multitasker, a fan of anything written by Jhumpa Lahiri, a television junkie (more specifically, a reality TV show junkie), and a Texan at heart.
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tagsadhaan Africa ANC Apartheid Aspeling Street babalas Bafana Bafana Bassline behl puri Bill Clinton Cape Town City Press Colombia corruption criticism Dar es Salaam District Six facade FIFA Fordsburg Gautrain Ghana Gini coefficients Halaal Easter Eggs informal economies Invisible Children Johannesburg Journalism Julius Malema KENSUP Kenya Kibera Kony 2012 Kyang'ombe LRA Maputo Matchbox cars Mzansi Nairobi Oprah OR Tambo International Airport Picobella political posturing poverty Riaad Moosa Rule of Thirds Seventh Avenue shebeen SIX slums slum tourism soccer Soccer City South Africa Soweto Soweto East Stellenbosch Tembisa The Bike Hospital tunnels of illusion Ventersdorp Vuvuzela wheelings and dealings World Cup
- nice n dreary ny 3 months ago
- RT @MargaretWurth: Teenage girls are the forgotten victims of #Brazil's #Zika outbreak. My new oped for @TeenVogue hrw.org/news/2017/07/1…… 3 months ago
- My convo with @MargaretWurth & @AMKlasing about Zika's impact on women and girls in Brazil: hrw.org/news/2017/07/1… @hrw 3 months ago
- RT @ryanthoreson: If you're at #PinkSONA2017, don't miss @nazishd's great profile of a bullied student who grew into an #LGBT leader. https… 3 months ago
- Number one on my to-do list is to consolidate all my to-do lists. 4 months ago