I’m Nazish Dholakia, a recent Northwestern graduate with a passion for writing that often morphs into a compulsion. This blog chronicles my own revelations during time spent in East and southern Africa, where I’ve written stories on social justice and humanitarian issues. I am a couch-potato-multitasker, a fan of anything written by Jhumpa Lahiri, a television junkie (more specifically, a reality TV show junkie), and a Texan at heart.
June 2017 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tagsadhaan Africa ANC Apartheid Aspeling Street babalas Bafana Bafana Bassline behl puri Bill Clinton Cape Town City Press Colombia corruption criticism Dar es Salaam District Six facade FIFA Fordsburg Gautrain Ghana Gini coefficients Halaal Easter Eggs informal economies Invisible Children Johannesburg Journalism Julius Malema KENSUP Kenya Kibera Kony 2012 Kyang'ombe LRA Maputo Matchbox cars Mzansi Nairobi Oprah OR Tambo International Airport Picobella political posturing poverty Riaad Moosa Rule of Thirds Seventh Avenue shebeen SIX slums slum tourism soccer Soccer City South Africa Soweto Soweto East Stellenbosch Tembisa The Bike Hospital tunnels of illusion Ventersdorp Vuvuzela wheelings and dealings World Cup
- RT @ryanthoreson: If you're at #PinkSONA2017, don't miss @nazishd's great profile of a bullied student who grew into an #LGBT leader. https… 8 hours ago
- Number one on my to-do list is to consolidate all my to-do lists. 1 week ago
- .@twitter's "in case u missed it" knows me soo well. 2 weeks ago
- "Lordy, I hope there are tapes." - Comey #qotd 2 weeks ago
- in the trying 2 weeks ago